Support for Healthy Intestinal Tract:
The gut ecosystem is considered as the second brain as it comprises of 100 million neurons. The enteric neurons keep the colon moving and what happens to the gut may also affect the central nervous system. This is the reason why when the body experiences problems such as the irritation on the mucous membrane of the intestinal tract, it affects the normal absorption and assimilation of nutrients thereby causing problems to other organ systems including the brain.The inability of the small intestines to absorb nutrients due to damaged villi may often lead to cognitive decline over time.
• Benefits the intestinal tract and more
• Contains gut-friendly ingredients
• Contains plant extracts that improve mucous production in the intestines*
Contains Plant Compounds Beneficial To Gut Health:
Aside from the active ingredients, this supplement also contains ingredients from natural plant extracts. These include extracts from Althaeas officinalis (Marshmallow) at 300 milligrams and Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) at 330 milligrams. The extracts from marshmallow plant contain mucilage polysaccharides that protect and soothe irritated mucous membranes. The extracts from licorice help soothe the irritated lining of the gastrointestinal tract. As these plant extracts are sourced from natural ingredients, they are easily assimilated within the body.
Calms the Irritated Intestinal Tract:*
Pioneer Celiac Support Comprehensive Gut Health supports healthy intestinal tracts by allowing the normal absorption as well as assimilation of nutrients.* It may also enhance the stomach and the small intestines to produce a mucin layer for added protection.* It may also strengthen the connective tissues within the intestinal tract to strengthen the integrity and promote its function.* Lastly, it also calms the overactive intestinal tracts resulting in normalized bowel movement.*
Benefits the Intestinal Tract and More:
While this supplement is mainly designed to benefit the intestinal tract, it may also benefit the immune system by encouraging the growth of healthier gut microflora.* Although it does not contain any probiotics or prebiotics, this supplement may help create a conducive environment for the good microflora to flourish. As a result, having more good bacteria in the gut often results in a better breakdown of food materials, better absorption, and overall general well-being.* In a nutshell, what this supplement does is that it addresses issues within the digestive system. By addressing the issues in the digestive and intestinal tract, it results in better overall well-being.
Pioneer Comprehensive Gut Health features the following clinician recommended, lab verified gluten free ingredients:
• Glutamine is the primary fuel source for cells lining the small intestine. It is essential or maintaining intestinal function.*
• N-Acetyl Glucosamine (NAG) nutritionally supports the intestinal mucosa's protective glycoprotein cover.*
• Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL) is a demulcent herb which is soothing and healing to the lining of the stomach and small intestine.*
• Marshmallow is a demulcent herb that contains mucilage polysaccharides that soothe and protect mucous membranes.*
• Mucin is the carbohydrate-rich, glycoprotein complex that is the backbone of the intestinal tract's protective cover.*
• Quercetin is a flavonoid that stabilizes immune cell membranes and supports the connective tissues of the GI tract.*
• Vitamin A is required for cell proliferation and differentiation, normal immune function and the integrity of muscosal and epithelial surfaces of the stomach and intestines.*
Directions: Use only as directed. Take 6 vegetarian capsules daily on an empty stomach. May be taken in divided doses. Store in a cool, dry place.
This product has been laboratory verified gluten-free. It contains no added artificial preservatives, colors or flavors and undergoes a rigorous heavy metal, herbicide, pesticide, and fungicide screening process. Warning: Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children. Keep your licensed health care practitioner informed when using this product. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing.